Name:
Location: Beech Creek, Pennsylvania, United States

Monday, December 12, 2005

Sony Doesn't Get It

I just heard that Sony is now working on a new DRM technology for there ps3 that will only allow you to play ps3 disks on (eventually) one home console. There goal is to stop people from copying ps3 disks but this is a bad idea. Sony is going to cause massive problems with compenies like gamesnflix.com and blockbuster. I personally have had problems with Sony in the past. I had Star Wars Galixies accounts back in the day when the game first came out and one day they were gone. I could not get ahold of them because they don't even have a toll free number. I finally called them after a month of not having my accounts,the phone bill was insane and They had scrambled my account data... Lets compare that to Microsoft who I have delt with on many occasions and never had a problem with. They have a toll free number 18004MYXBOX (ms windows has a number two but I don't know it off hand). I also had a launch xbox, one that came out on the first shipment of xbox's from the manufacturer, and they took it back and fixed it two years after the warrinty ran out. I can tell you one thing though I'm not getting a ps3 if they have this DRM technology.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home