Name:
Location: Beech Creek, Pennsylvania, United States

Saturday, November 12, 2005

I finally got Ubuntu working on my laptop and I can assure you I will never go back to windows. It is so much faster and so much more secure. Unfortunately I have got a broadcom wireless card and its being a b*tch. I can't set it up to auto connect to new wireless access points (I type any or all in the essid field and it just sits and doesn't connect to a wap) and something is messed up in my network settings cause on startup my machine halts at the network part of startup for like 1-2 min.s. Everything else is working for me though. I started off by installing a bunch of stuff and its easy with SPM. I also installed a few of the O_o programs twice and I dont know how that happened. I was also given a title within the Linux Users Group today. I am now the head of advertising committee. With that title I have to make sure I do my best to do as much as I can to make sure PCLUG events get as much advertising as possible. Due to how busy I was Thursday I didn't get to reslife to see about the posters being posted in the dorms but I will be doing that Monday. Im also going to start to learn vim in my free time (when I have some).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home