Name:
Location: Beech Creek, Pennsylvania, United States

Saturday, December 10, 2005

Flock, Ubuntu, My Blog

I finally switched back to Ubuntu from windows xp (3rd attempt to completely make the switch). I had started using windows again because I tried to install my video card drivers and ubuntu went nuts... Last time I used it I even heated Evan's warning and did not install anything from source. This time however, the first thing I had to do was install a program from source. I have started to use the web browser flock. If your like me and like firefox but also want to have blogging, rss feedreader, and syncing with your del.icio.us account in your browser then it might be worth checking out (It is still bata/alpha and if you open a lot of tabs it will become a system hog). The only problem is there are no deb packages for it. I had to compile it from source, which took way longer than it should have cause im an idiot. I'm back to being able to blog in my browser window now though. I've been wanting to do more blog posts but it seems most of the pclug members aren't posting to often and I don't want my name to be on the pclug main page more than once for blog posts. My content isn't as important as most of the other members that blog... there content is more task focused and mine is more focused on what i'm doing.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice post. I found your blog looking for the deb package for flock. I was able to get flock to run from the binary but I'm not happy with the results.

There is a way to create your own deb packages with minimal effort (as opposed to building from source). I think it was deb_somthing after you installed the debian developer tools. http://www.debian.org/devel/

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home